Share this ‘wow’ experience with friends and family:
• Celebrate our amazing city wildlife.
• Enjoy creative and crafty batty activities for young and old.
• Wear or bring something bat-themed.
• Learn about bats: fascinating long-distance pollinators,
vital for our forests.
• Bring a picnic, add a rug or chair.
• (Don’t forget insect repellent.)
Organised by The Wolli Creek Preservation Society with support from The National Parks & Wildlife
Service, Canterbury-Bankstown Council, and the Australasian Bat Society.
This is a great family event, and an opportunity to see one of the great ‘urban David Attenborough moments’, as thousands of Grey-headed Flying-foxes stream out from their roosting camp beside Wolli Creek. It is an opportunity to enjoy an early evening picnic with family and friends, and to view and learn more about these fascinating endangered native mammals.
Join us from 6pm at Turrella Reserve. No need to book. Just bring your picnic and your family and friends.
Bat Picnic flyer 2024